Choosing the right dental clinic can be a true challenge considering the many options available, especially if you have decided to explore dental tourism. Had you been at home, you would probably search for the clinic that is closest to you and that offers the most accessible prices. However, when searching outside the country, things can get trickier as you face the unknown. Besides pricing, there are other factors you should consider when choosing the best dental clinic for you.
- Read the clinic´s reviews. The best way to know about a clinic is to hear what others have to say about their experience. Former patients are free to comment upon what they liked or disliked about their dental work on pages like Facebook and Google. Reading reviews can help you get an honest picture about the dental clinic, the work, and the professionals involved.
- Look at former patient´s before and after pictures. You can judge for yourselves the quality of the work by looking at completed cases. Many good clinics periodically publish pictures of their work on social media or websites in order to give prospective patients an idea of their talent and their dedication. If you can find a case similar to your own, these pictures can help you visualize your possibilities.
- Inquire about the dentist´s area of expertise. Trusting you are in good hands is vital in dental tourism. You can inquire about the dentist´s years of expertise, certifications, and formal academic studies. It is important to also test the English fluency of the professionals in the clinic. Published videos and a phone call can help you determine if there is successful communication.
- Learn about the clinic´s products and services. Clinics are usually able to provide free estimates based on your recent dental x-rays. These will not only give you an idea of what to plan for but also say a lot about the dental clinic. You can here have a glimpse of their timeliness, order, and thoroughness. Their professionalism will show in how effectively they can answer questions and support the need for any procedure. Some clinics are also able facilitate transportation and accommodations to patients, which can be a great help if you have never been to the country before.
- Compare not only prices but also quality. It is fair to ask for pricing, but it is also important to make sure you are getting the best quality for what you pay for. For example, a metal-porcelain crown can never cost more than or equal to a full-porcelain crown. You might also want to consider turnaround time in which the clinic is able to deliver cases, since this has a direct impact on your accommodation expenses.
The process of choosing the best dental clinic outside of your hometown is a challenge but also an adventure. However, many patients have said this was the best decision they could make. At Costa Rica, the quality standards are maybe as high as in the United States, but at Costa Rica Dental Team we pair quality with a caring and personalized attention. We invite you to get to know our clinic and team.