If you have missing teeth, teeth that require replacement, or any of the following needs, you may be a good candidate for dental implants.
- A missing tooth or teeth.
- Potential bite and jaw joint problems from teeth shifting to fill the space.
- The “sunken face” look associated with missing teeth.
- Desire to improve chewing ability.
- Desire for a more permanent solution than dentures.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Improved Appearance: Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth. You’ll forget you even have implants. No one will be able to tell the difference between your real teeth and implants!
- Improved Speech: Poor-fitting dentures cause your teeth to slip inside your mouth…making you mumble and slur words. With dental implants you can speak with complete confidence.
- Improved Chewing: Bad teeth and dentures can make chewing difficult. Dental implants allow you to eat with ease and comfort.
- Improved Self-esteem: Everyone feels better when they smile. With dental implants, you have an amazing new smile that you’ll want to show the world. You’ll look better and feel better…and everyone will notice the difference!
- Durable New Teeth: Implants are durable. With good care, many implants will last a lifetime.
10 Year Replacement Guarantee!
Costa Rica Dental Team: Implant Specialists
At Costa Rica Dental Team, you’ll find our team of dental implant specialists among the best in the world. Our highly-trained team of periodontists, oral surgeons and implant specialists offer the highest level of education and experience to ensure a safe, virtually pain-free process with remarkable results.
We begin by reviewing your complete dental history, including x-rays, and providing a thorough oral examination to make sure that you are ready for implants.
The Dental Implant Process
1 The process begins with the surgical placement of the dental implant(s) into the bone. This work is completed at our high-tech facilities, using a local anesthetic to minimize any pain. After surgery, there is a healing period of approximately four months. During this time, the implants fuse to the bone and become permanent…just like real teeth.
2 In the next step, the dentist attaches the post to the implant. The post supports one tooth or a set of teeth. Local anesthesia removes almost all pain from this step.
3During the last step, our implant specialist will take impressions and make a new tooth that will attach to the post. When completed, you’ll have a mouth full of beautiful, functional new teeth!
Did You Know?
Dental implants have been performed for thousands of years. In fact, Egyptian mummies have been found with gold wire implants and Pre-Colombian skeletons show dental implants made of semi-precious stones. Roman soldiers have been unearthed with iron dental implants, and in the Middle East, ancient skeletons with ivory implants have been found.
What are Trabecular Dental Implants?
Trabecular Dental Implants are the latest development in dental implants, made with trabecular metal, a state-of-the art alloy that resembles natural “cancellous” or porous bone. It’s precisely its porous lattice-like structure that makes the trabecular dental implant more advanced than its titanium counterpart. Here’s more about why:
Trabecular Dental Implants
Trabecular Dental Implants are the latest development in dental implants, made with trabecular metal, a state-of-the art alloy that resembles natural “cancellous” or porous bone.
Benefits of Trabecular Dental Implants
- Higher Stability: Trabecular dental implants are unique because they allow for a wider area of contact with the bone than titanium implants and they leave more microscopic space between the implant and the bone base. As a result, trabecular implants offer more stability and strength.
- Bone Ingrowth: A trabecular implant’s porous structure allows the bone to grow into the implant, very similarly to a natural tooth. This process is called “osseointegration,” and it makes the implant a true part of your jaw.
- Shorter Integration Time: Conventional titanium implants require 3 to 4 months of integration (the time it takes for the structural and functional connection between living bone and the surface of an implant). Because a trabecular implant allows for the bone to grow into the implant, integration requires only 2 or 3 weeks.
- Higher Success Rate: Trabecular implants have a higher long-term success rate than conventional implants, with 98% of all cases still working perfectly after several years. Note that some labs don’t include all cases in calculating their success rates, for example, by eliminating smokers, those with previous bone defects, and other complicated situations. When only regular cases are measured, the success rate of trabecular implants is practically 100%.
You don’t have to settle for less than the best when dealing with implants that are going to last for the rest of your life. Costa Rica Dental Team is proud to be one of the leading teams in the world helping patients find permanent solutions for tooth loss. We have the experience, the equipment, the knowledge and the excellent customer service that you’re seeking.
Contact Costa Rica Dental Team today and one of our highly qualified English-speaking dental implant specialists will evaluate your dental needs and determine if you are a candidate for trabecular dental implants.