At Costa Rica Dental Team, our dentists do everything they can to help patients avoid losing teeth. But, when a patient loses a single tooth, the best dental solution is to replace it with a single dental implant. Unfortunately, many of the patients who visit us from the United States and Canada have lost several teeth, not just one. This may be because of disease (most commonly by gum disease) or because of an accident. In these cases, Costa Rica Dental Team works to restore the function and appearance of a patient’s teeth at prices they can afford.
If the teeth lost were in the front of the mouth, then substituting each tooth with a dental implant is not viable. In those cases, another procedure is recommended. Frequently, this procedure is an All-On-4 dental implant solution or an All On 4 solution. Sometimes, it is referred to simply as an All On Four. This procedure involves using four dental implants as a base for a bridge that will host several teeth.
[divider height=”30″ style=”default” line=”default” themecolor=”1″]
All-on-4s are a favorite of our dentists and patients alike for several reasons:
- They are much more viable than individual implants in cases where more than one tooth has been lost.
- All-on-4 solutions work with the same principle than dental implants do: osseointegration. This means that the dental implant literally becomes part of the jaw bone, just like natural teeth.
- Once osseointegration is achieved, All-On-4 solutions are as flexible and dynamic as natural teeth, allowing a patient to chew, speak, and move his or her mouth in the same way he or she did before the tooth loss.
- All-on-4 solutions are extremely durable. Once they are in place, a patient can safely expect them to work reliably for at least 20 years. In most cases, patients remain with their All-On-4 solutions for the rest of their lives without incident.
- All-on-4 solutions are as strong as natural teeth. Once again, this is because they are attached to the jawbone through osseointegration. For the dentist, this means that there will be no further fractures or damage to repair. For the patient, this means that he or she will be able to eat whatever he or she wants.
- All-on-4 solutions look like natural teeth. Unlike solutions in the past, no one but the patient will know about the all-on-4 solution. No more need to cover your mouth when talking, eating, smiling, or laughing in public.
- All-on-4 solutions require little maintenance. In fact, regular visits to the dentist, which may include a bit of extra cleaning, is all that you will need.
- The patient will not feel very different. The solution is not cumbersome or bulky, and after a small period of adjustment, a patient will forget that they have an All-On-4 solution.
[icon type=”icon-lamp”]Would you like to discuss a possible All-on-4 solution for lost teeth?
The pros at Costa Rica Dental team are happy to arrange a Free Consultation with one of our team members.
Call Toll-Free (866) 694-6226 or (866) 895-1718 or Email [email protected]